07 June 2012
This article was originally published on ChinaDaily.com.cn.
Lu Liping, a well-known Chinese actress, who is also a Christian, forwarded several micro blog entries of a priest against gays on 26th June and caused a mighty uproar on the Internet. Many stars and netizens expressed their concerns on this issue in the micro blogs.
Forwarded by Lu, the priest's micro blogs described the homosexual groups as "shame" and "sinner", one of which stated: "The New York State Assembly approved the legalization of gay marriage proposal last night. New York will become the sixth and most populous US state to allow gay marriage. May God have mercy on this falling land! Even if one day the law stipulates that opposition against homosexuals would be condemned, I still want to say: homosexuality is a sin. God loves sinners, but God hates SIN! "
Read the full article here.
- 17 GLBTI Gambians Imprisoned
- Atheist faces three counts in court
- Church facilitates kidnapping of albino boy
- Limbaugh, Santorum, Sex, and the Origins of the Roman Catholic Church
- Bangladesh to shut Facebook pages for blasphemy
- Teachers, Be Not Afraid
- Vatican continues to try to limit access to IVF, promotes a “natural alternative”
- New addition to the Freethought Audio Library - Ingersoll's Centennial Oration
- Religion and Government, Gambian Context
- First National Atheist Meeting in Brazil
- Alexander Aan update
- How religion poisons Brazilian politics