30 October 2012
Following consultation with members, AAI is pleased to announce that it has finalised its position statement on government support for religion. This statement is intended to provide a concise reference and coherent argument that members and other atheists may use in situations in their own countries, and refute the common accusation that 'atheists stand for nothing'. Thank you everyone who contributed their views!
- Egyptian atheist arrested for posting ‘Innocence of Muslims’ on Facebook
- Islam Must be Scrutinised
- Islamic religious education in German State Hesse soon to be mandatory
- Global survey finds fewer religious people, more atheists
- Michael Shermer in Brazil
- Kuwaiti man receives 10 years in prison for tweets while the Parliament of Kuwait mulls the death penalty for blasphemy
- Pussy Riot women guilty of hooliganism, will serve two years
- Indian Missionaries Target Brazil's Amerindians
- Thank you eBay Giving Works donors!
- Hands of Putin and Orthodox Church pulling strings in Pussy Riot arrests
- The Crime of Debunking in Delhi, India
- Women raped, tortured and hanged to save son of Imam in Iran, may have been innocent