- Supports the establishment and growth of new atheist / freethought organisations, particularly in developing countries;
- Facilitates co-operations between atheist/freethought groups;
- Co-hosts atheist conventions around the world, to provide education and advocacy opportunities for Affiliate/Associate Members;
- Publishes Secular World magazine;
- Arranges international cultural exchanges and educational programs with individuals and atheist/freethought groups in developing countries through the AAI Foundation;
- Sponsors and maintains the AAI Freethought Audio Library;
- Organizes and supports international actions on issues of importance to the atheist community; and
- Promotes freedom of conscience, secularism and the destigmatisation of atheism.